Each year a group of Manitoba athletes are selected to attend the Simplot Games. This opportunity is provided through the gracious support of sponsors arranged by the Simplot plants across the country and our local MB plant in Portage La Prairie.
Athletes are asked to submit both an athletic/extra-curricular resume, and a letter to the selection committee. The committee then considers a number of elements in order to select the final team.
- Content of individual application letter
- Past individual athletic performance and individual medal potential
- Combination of rural and city representation on the final team
- A variety of different event group representation on the final team
- A variety of different club representation on the final team
- Combination of male and female representation on the final team
This was extremely challenging year for the selection committee, with over 30 applicants and only 4 athlete spots available. However we are pleased to announce the following athletes will be heading to Pocatello Idaho, to compete at the 2024 Simplot Games.
|Annika De Smet
These athletes will be joined by coaches, Eniola Adepoju and Derek Ozunko.
The 43rd annual Simplot Games will be held February 15-17, 2024, at Idaho State University’s Holt Arena. The J.R. Simplot Company-sponsored event has become one of the nation’s premier high school indoor track and field events since it was first held in 1979.