TRACK ATTACK 2023
This grassroots track and field competition series is open to any school with grades 7, 8 and 9 students.
Meet 1 – Tuesday, January 17th
Meet 2 – Tuesday, January 31st
Meet 3 – Wednesday, February 15th
Meet 4 – Tuesday, March 7th
***All four meets run at the James Daly Fieldhouse at the University of Manitoba from 10:30 AM to 3:30PM ***
All teams must be out of the James Daly Fieldhouse by 3:45 PM at the latest.
Program Fees – Registration and Athletics Manitoba School Membership Form
Schools with less than 15 athletes: $367.50 (350 + GST)
Schools with 15 or more athletes: $420.00 (400 + GST)
Individual meets: $105.00 (100 + GST, per meet)
Individual athletes: $26.25 (25.00 + GST, per meet)
*Individual athletes must be a full Athletics Manitoba Member ($78.75), and their school cannot already be entered in the meet.
- Complete and submit the school membership registration form and indicate your interest in the event.
- Once the office has received the registration form, we will distribute Invoices and instructions for submitting team rosters.
Athletics Manitoba prides itself on being an inclusive sport, with competitive opportunities for all participants. If you have students who require adapted equipment or accommodations to participate, please let us know. We would like to support your ability to integrate these students into your track and field programs.
Each school is responsible to provide volunteers to assist in running these meets. For every 10 athletes, the school must provide one volunteer. Schools will be contracted with their job allocation along with instructions and officiating rules prior to the meet. Volunteers must be available the entire time and should be at least 15 years of age.
Schools are asked to bring their own basic medical kits but please note we WILL have medical staff onsite.
- Ribbons will be awarded for the top five places.
- Athletes may enter a maximum of 4 individual events and 1 relay.
- Schools will receive 5 relay stickers per race/category.
- Athletes will receive 2 attempts in Shot Put, Long Jump and Triple Jump.
- Triple Jump will be contested by Grade 8 and Grade 9 athletes only.
We must unfortunately remind everyone that student supervision is the responsibility of the schools. We acknowledge the difficulties involved with an event of this type but damages to university property will not be tolerated. Code of conduct warnings will be issued to schools if necessary and multiple incidents may result in a penalty fee or a removal from future events.
- All girls will throw a 3kg shot put.
- All boys will throw a 4kg shot put.
High Jump Starting Heights: Will be determined through email communication with the coaches.
- All Girls: Start to first hurdle 12m; 7.5m spacing between hurdles; 30” height
- Grade 7 & 8 Boys: Start to first hurdle 12m; 8.0m spacing between hurdles; 30” height
- Grade 9 Boys: Start to first hurdle 12m; 8.0m spacing between hurdles; 33” height
We must remind everyone that student supervision is the responsibility of the schools. We acknowledge the difficulties involved with an event of this type but damages to University property will not be tolerated. Code of conduct warnings will be issued to schools if necessary and multiple incidents may result in a penalty fee or a removal from future events.