Diana Stevens had a deep and passionate love of grassroots Track and Field in Manitoba. She loved what the sport could do for all children, how it encouraged healthy living, gave confidence to athletes, and gave athletes of any ability or age the opportunity to be a part of a team. Diana was an enormous supporter of the many Athletics Manitoba’s school based programs and the children that these programs impacted. Her passion to create a positive environment, help young athletes learn to train for Track and Field, and grow through sport were paramount in all the programs that she developed.
The Diana Stevens Fund will support school based programs in the province. Each year elementary schools will be encouraged to apply to the Diana Stevens Legacy Fund that will allow them to invest into their already established programs. This Fund is designed to help offset the cost participating in Track and Field; removing barriers to participation. The Diana Stevens Legacy fund will help one school a year continue to live out Diana’s passion of reaching children through Track and Field . For the 2021/22 school year two schools will be receive the funding through the Diana Stevens Legacy fund in the amount of $400.00
(Please note that schools will not be awarded the funding in successive years.)
Donations gratefully accepted and can be made anytime through the Winnipeg Foundation.
Applications are closed for this year. Check back in September 2022 for the new deadline.
- Name of School based program
- Coach/program coordinator’s name
- Coaching certification level of head and assistant coaches
- Number of athletes in program
- Age/Grade of athletes affected
- Indication of whether the program is an indoor or outdoor program or both
- Description of the population of your school (new Canadians, inner city, etc)
- An explanation of why these funds are needed
- Outline how this donation will be used and what the projected benefits of this program are to the school and
A staff committee will review the applications and select a recipient based on program impact and indication of need as expressed in the application.
Application/ Email of interest can be forwarded to:
Alanna Boudreau, Executive Director
204 925 5744