MILK Cross-Country Championships
Date: September 29th, 2021
Location: La Barrière Park
Grades 4 to 8 (M/F) – 2000m
Grades 9 & 10 (F) – 3000m
Grades 9 & 10 (M) – 4000m
Grades 11 & 12 (F) – 4000m
Grades 11 &12 (M) – 5000m
|11:10am||Grade 4/5 Girls||2km|
|11:25am||Grade 4/5 Boys||2km|
|11:40am||Grade 6 Girls||2km|
|11:55am||Grade 6 Boys||2km|
|12:10pm||Grade 7 Girls||2km|
|12:30pm||Grade 7 boys||2km|
|12:50pm||Grade 8 Girls||2km|
|1:10pm||Grade 8 boys||2km|
|1:40pm||Junior Varsity Girls||3km|
|1:55pm||Junior Varsity Boys||4km|
NOTE: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, Provincial restrictions, and the general realities of hosting a multi-school event, we have made the decision to MOVE this event to La Barrière Park. The larger physical space and course layout will allow for a safer experience for all involved. We have also had to make the decision to limit the total overall number of entrants per race to 50, and cap the total number of athletes per race from each school at 6.
(This could change as Provincial Health Regulations change)
This will obviously result in a much smaller event than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope you understand our need for an over abundance of caution. At this time, we obviously don’t know how many schools will be able to participate in the event but we certainly want to do our best to put on a strong race for those who can attend.
Each school must provide one volunteer for this event. Volunteer names must be submitted to Michael at email@example.com prior to the event. Roles will be assigned and distributed via e-mail.
- Each race will be capped at a total of 50 runners.
- Each School is only allowed to register a maximum of six (6) runners per category.
- Schools will have to register all athletes on their team. You can select the number of athletes you want to register and enter everyone’s information into the system.
- When a race has reached its capacity, any new applicants will be added to the waitlist. We will re-evaluate the total number of participants on the 20th and may reopen certain races for more participants if numbers allow.
- As in previous years, a team will consist of a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 athletes of one gender with the best 4 performances counting in the team score. Athletes must belong to the same school.
- Schools will be invoiced for the total number of athletes registered through Trackie.
- Teams/athletes placed on the waitlist will only be invoiced once/if their spots in the race are confirmed.
- Entries receive prior to the Sept 22nd deadline will be invoiced at, $15.75 per team (per age group) to a maximum of $157.50 per school. Individual entries $10.50 per person. Fees include GST; cheques payable to Athletics Manitoba.
- LATE ENTRIES: Any entries received after the September 22nd deadline (if space allows) will be $26.25 per team & $15.75 for individuals; up to a maximum of $257.50 per school.
There will be NO onsite registration.
Teams will consist of a maximum of 6 and a minimum of 4 athletes of one gender; the top 4 placements count towards to final team score.
Coaches must complete and submit their scoring forms at the end of each race.
Banner for Top Team, (Male and Female) in each Grade
Top 10 athletes in each age category receive award ribbons.
All athletes receive a participation ribbon and a carton of chocolate milk.
Additional COVID protocols, procedures as well as venue/race maps will be updated and distributed after the preliminary registration deadline of Sept 22nd.
Cheques payable to Athletics Manitoba.