2018 AM Elementary Relays – Tuesday, March 12th – 10am – 2:30pm
James Daly Fieldhouse – Max Bell Centre – University of Manitoba
Information – PDF Format
- Participation Certificates for all student competitors
- Ribbons for top five places
- Award of Recognition for school with most points in each grade category
- Top two teams per school will be used in point tabulation.
- (1st = 7 points, 2nd = 5 points, 3rd = 3 points, 4th = 2 points, 5th = 1 point)
- All participation ribbons, award ribbons and team banners will be delivered to schools by the end of March.
Schools providing volunteer assistance for the meet will be given a significant discount on their entry fee.
Volunteers must be available for the entire time and should be at least 15 years of age.
Member Schools with 2 Volunteers – $115.50 ($110.00 + gst)
Member Schools with No Volunteers – $210.00 ($200.00 + gst)
Please complete the School Membership Registration form and indicate your intent to participate in the program.
Once the registration form has been received you will receive an Invoice for your schools records.
The entry form is available HERE – Please note that you must SAVE the file to your computer and use Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to use the fillable PDF functions.
SCHOOLS MUST BE A MEMBER SCHOOL OF ATHLETICS MANITOBA TO PARTICIPATE.
Entry deadline is Friday, March 1st.
There will be a separate category of events for each gender in grades 4, 5 and 6.
Athletes may only participate in one of each of the events (not on multiple teams in the same event) unless alternate arrangements have been made with Athletics Manitoba. Students may move up a grade class to field a team, but can not participate in the same event in different grades.
1. 4 x Shot Put – total distance of 1 throw each of 4 team members (2.73kg / 6 lb. Shot).
2. 4 x Long Jump – total distance of 1 jump each of 4 team members.
3. 8 x 40M Shuttle Relay – 8 team members run 40m each (back & forth shuttle style)
4. 4 x 100m Relay – 4 team members each run half a lap around the oval
The schedule may need to be altered during the meet – please listen for announcements throughout the day.
|10:00 am||4x100m Relay||Grade 6 Boys||.||10:00 am .||4 x Standing Long Jump .||Grade 4 Boys|
|4x100m Relay||Grade 5 Boys||4 x Standing Long Jump||Grade 4 Girls|
|4x100m Relay||Grade 4 Boys||4 x Standing Long Jump||Grade 5 Boys|
|4x100m Relay||Grade 6 Girls||4 x Standing Long Jump||Grade 5 Girls|
|4x100m Relay||Grade 5 Girls||4 x Standing Long Jump||Grade 6 Boys|
|4x100m Relay||Grade 4 Girls||4 x Standing Long Jump||Grade 6 Girls|
|10:00 am||8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 6 Girls|
|8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 5 Girls|
|8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 4 Girls|
|8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 6 Boys|
|8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 5 Boys|
|8 x 40m Shuttle Relay||Grade 4 Boys|
Following the completion of the Shuttle Relay, the 4x Shot Put will begin in the following order:
- Grade 6 Girls
- Grade 5 Girls
- Grade 4 Girls
- Grade 6 Boys
- Grade 5 Boys
- Grade 4 Boys