The Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro are the province’s largest ongoing multi-sport program bringing together participants from across the province. The Manitoba Games are often an athlete’s first multi-sport Games experience. These Games play an important role in the athlete pathway and help to identify athletes who have the potential to advance to higher levels of competition.
Many Manitoba Games athletes have gone on to represent our province at Regional and National level competitions, Western Canada Summer Games and Canada Summer Games.
The City of Dauphin will host the 2020 Manitoba Summer Games from August 9-15, 2020 which will involve 1,500 athletes from around the province. Athletics is a Phase 2 sport, with competition taking place August 12-15th. Regional teams will be made up of athletes born in 2005-2006 (U16) and 2007-2008 (U14).
Teams will be named based off of the Manitoba regional map. This map has updated since the last Games.
- The old “Westman” and “Parkland” regions have now become the “West” region;
- “Central” and the Southern portion of “Eastman” have become the “South” region;
- The Northern portion of “Eastman” joined with “Interlake” to become the “East” region;
- The North assumes the previous “Norman” region.
- Winnipeg is split into two teams; these teams are based on the city limits and not Perimeter Highway. Communities located just outside of the city will fall to their respective area region.
For a visual representation of the Regions, please check out the REGIONAL MAP