Last weekend was a busy one with Manitoba athletes competing all across the country! *UPDATED 7:20pm 02/03/23
- Canada West Championships
- Ontario University Athletics Championships
- Atlantic University Sport Championships
- Canadian Masters Athletics Indoor Championships
- Big Ten Indoor Championships
One of the biggest highlights of the weekend saw the University of MB Bisons men’s team win their second consecutive conference title.
In addition to the team award, a number of individual athletes and coaches brought home some major awards – Tristan Allen was named Track athlete of the year, Daxx Turner won Field Athlete of the Year, Madisson Lawrence was named Field Athlete of the Year, Ming Pu Wu won Assistant Coach of the Year and Claude Berube won Coach of the Year.
Can West Finalists/Medalists
- Zoe Nonato – 7th 60m/5th 300m
- Chioma Nwagbo – 4th 600m
- Amy Klippenstein – 4th 1000m
- Madisson Lawrence – 1st HJ/1st Pentathlon
- Eniola Adepoju – 4th TJ
- Signy McKim – 7th TJ
- Anna McConnell – 1st SP
- Erica Udoh – 8th SP
- Women’s 4x200m relay team – 3rd
- Donnae Gordon, Zoe Nonato, Nicole Davis, Kendall Marriott
- Women’s 4x400m relay team – 3rd
- Zoe Nonato, Amy Klippenstein, Darby Goodall, Chioma Nwagbo
- Women’s 4x800m relay team – 3rd
- Darby Goodall, Angela Kroeker, Chioma Nwagbo, Amy Klippenstein
- Jordan Soufi – 3rd 60m
- Tyrell Davis – 7th 60m
- Tyler Cox-Yestrau – 1st 300m
- Sébastien Régnier – 5th 300m
- Tristan Allen – 1st 600m
- Dawson Mann – 2nd 600m
- Noel Kendle – 8th 600m
- Calvin Reimer – 5th 1000m/8th 1500m
- Justin Kroeker – 7th 1000m
- Adam Andres – 3rd 60mH
- Daxx Turner – 2nd HJ/1st TJ
- Derek Onraet – 5th PV
- Graham Hutchison-Campbell – 5th LJ
- Joshua Suelzle – 1st SP/3rd WT
- Graham Wright – 2nd WT/ 6th SP
- Max Speiser – 2nd Heptathlon
- Men’s 4x200m – 3rd
- Jordan Soufi, Sébastien Régnier, Tyler Cox-Yestrau, Roy Tambal Musa
- Men’s 4x400m – 1st
- Tyler Cox-Yestrau, Noel Kendle, Dawson Mann, Tristan Allen
- Men’s 4x800m – 1st
- Justin Kroeker, Dawson Mann, Calvin Reimer, Tristan Allen
28 U of M athletes will be competing at the U Sports Championships March 9-11th in Saskatoon.
In Ontario attending the OUA Championships (and representing Western University)
- Matt Indome – 3rd LJ
- Rofiat Agboola – 4th LJ and TJ
Both Rofi, Matt and Robbie Gerstner will be heading to the U Sports Championships next weekend in Saskatoon.
In New Brunswick attending the AUS Championships (and representing University of New Brunswick)
- William Boyle – 7th 1500m/6th 3000m
- Peighton Johnson – 7th 600m/2nd 4x400m relay/3rd 4x800m relay
- Katrina Stefaniuk – 6th 300m/2nd 4x400m
- Benjamin Perrett – 3rd 600m/5th 1000m/2nd 4x800m relay
There was a group of 6 Manitoban’s competing at the Canadian Masters Indoor National Championship in Toronto at York University.
- Omena Babalola 1st W50 50m/2nd 60m/2nd 200m
- Greg Athayde 1st M60 400m/ 2nd 800m / 1st M55 4x800m relay
- Ken Friesen 1st M65 800m
- Gordon Flett 3rd M60 800m/4th 1500m/3rd 3000m/2nd 400m
- John Coffin 3rd M40 800m/1st 1500m/1st M40 4x800m relay
- Michael Morris 2nd M45 60m/2nd 200m/2nd 400m
In addition to all of the Canadian action, Tracy Towns was the lone Manitoban competing at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in Geneva, Ohio this weekend. She was a Member of the bronze medal winning distance medley relay team (DMR) with a performance that earned their team a 3rd best time overall in Illinois team history.
In the Summit League Championships representing North Dakota State University, Erin Valgardson set a new PB in the 800m, 2:12.58 finishing 2nd and Josh Samyn was a member of the men’s gold medal winning DMR.
Back on Feb 18-19th – Andrew Simard ran a season’s best time of 1:55.10 in his 800m at the MAAC Indoor Track and Field Championships Feb 18-19th. He was also member of both the DMR and 4x400m teams (running the 2nd fastest split from the entire college field in the 4x400m).
Congratulations and a special good luck to everyone as we head into the final stages of Championship season!
March 3-4th – Boeing Classic and Indoor Age Class Provincial Championships
March 9-11th – U Sports Championships
March 10-12th – USATF Masters Championships
March 20th – High School Series Championships
March 25-April 1st – World Masters Indoor Championships
Did we miss your results? Don’t hesitate to let us know so we can update our lists!
And don’t forget to tag us in your competition photos on Instagram!
Comments are closed.