We would like to remind our members that Athletics Manitoba has taken the Responsible Coaching Movement Pledge. We want to make sport safer for children & coaches.
Rule of Two – For Virtual Coaching
The goal of the Rule of Two has always been to ensure all interactions and communications are open, observable, and justifiable. Its purpose is to protect participants (especially minors) and coaches in potentially vulnerable situations by ensuring more than one adult is present.
- Ensure a coach is never alone and out of sight with a participant without another screened coach or screened adult (parent or volunteer) present.
- Eliminate one-to-one electronic messaging. Ensure that all communications are sent to the group and/or include parents.
- Allow training environments to be open to observation by parents.
- Ensure an open and observable environment for all interactions between adults and participants.
- Avoid private or one-on-one situations. Leave the office door open or have the conversation in a visible but removed part of the facility.
With even more of our communications moving online, we ask that all members work together to ensure that our new virtual training environments are as safe and transparent as possible.