The WOA Winter Open has been approved for January 21/22nd. We have received approval from both public health and the University of Manitoba to hold this event. There will be restrictions and precautions put in place to ensure the event is held in a safe manner.
The current public health orders state that no tournaments are allowed. We have received clarification on what a tournament is, according to public health:
Tournaments are defined as a single or multi-day gathering of three or more sport teams, who come together outside regular league play, but does not include; a gathering where team members compete on an individual basis against members of other teams.
Given that the primary intention of the public health orders is to “reduce the number and length of contact between people in indoor spaces”, the University of Manitoba will only considers events that involve AM athletes who usually train together as an “intersquad” event.
With all this in mind, the Winter Open will proceed with extra precaution.
Below are rules and reminders for the event:
- All entrants must be Athletics Manitoba/Athletics Canada members.
- All entrants must currently train in the Jim Daly Fieldhouse.
- Individuals aged 12 and over are required to provide proof of full vaccination to enter the facility.
- Masks must be worn at all times when not competing.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, have been in a close contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are currently under self-isolation guidelines – DO NOT ATTEND.
Please find specific meet information below: