Exclusive Use Training Calendars
June – August – updated May 30th. Additional Thursdays have been added in July.
May – August - revised and updated May 22nd. Sunday, August 10th now has NO Exclusive Use
There will also be NO EXCLUSIVE USE on the following days due to Bomber Games:
Thursday, June 26th
Thursday, July 3rd
Thursday, July 17th
Thursday, August 7th
MB Throwing Centre Bulletin _- Outdoor
Attention all Coaches and Athletes utilizing the throwing cage at the University of Manitoba.
Safety in the landing area has again become an issue as the increased number of athletes and the influx of new people to our sport has led to a dangerous situation as athletes are retrieving implements while others are throwing.
As a result, the coaches have agreed that we will institute a retrieval system where implements will be picked up after every 3 throwers and no athletes should be in the field of play sector while another is throwing.
How can you help?
1. Insure that the throwing sector is clear before you throw.
2. Hammer throwers only throw singles when 3 or more athletes are training at the same time
3. Discus throwers only throw doubles
4. Keep the circle clean by using towels and mats to wipe off shoes and implements
5. Stay behind the net when waiting to throw.
We are working hard to upgrade our facility and to make it a safe and first class environment.
Thank you for your support!