We just wanted to provide an update (such as is it) on our upcoming events and some of our modified plans as we move forward in this uncharted territory.
Coach/Partner Update call – Meeting Notes
– EVENT CANCELLATIONS (as of April 6th)
It has been confirmed that the U20 and Senior National Championships for 2020 have been cancelled. The event page on the Athletics Canada website will continue to read postponed, however that is specifically in relation to the Olympic Team Trials component of the event.
The 2020 Tri Province event, set to be held in Brandon MB this July has been cancelled. This decision was made with input from both Sask Athletics and our Brandon hosts.
2020 Legion National Youth Track and Field Championships, scheduled for August 7-9, 2020 in Cape Breton, NS have also been cancelled.
- Jumps Summit – April 5th
- Brandon Volunteer Training – April 21st
- Dauphin MB Games Volunteer Training – April 22nd
- MB Games Coaching Seminar – April 24-25th
- May-June Exclusive Use
- MHSAA Provincial Championships – June 4-6th
- Junior High Provincial Championships – June 11th
- Canadian Track and Field Championships (U20/Senior) – June 25-28th
- World Masters Championships – July 20-Aug 1st
- Tri-Province Challenge – July 17th-19th
- 2020 Legion National Youth Track and Field Championships
- NAIG Games *Postponed until 2021
- Manitoba Marathon – June 21 *Postponed until the Fall, date TBA
- July/August – due to facility restrictions we have cancelled our Spring Competitions scheduled at the U of M for May and June. We are in the process of developing alternative options for our July/August events.
- CSG Prep Squad Meeting – hard to say when we’ll all be able to get together! We are looking into options to try an online presentation.
- Week in the West – Coach Education Super Seminar – This event was linked with the MB Games Coaching Seminar which has in fact been cancelled. As a result we are cancelling the bulk of our Super Seminar Sessions. We will look at rescheduling this Conference in the Fall.
- Week in the West – Club Coach NCCP Training – We would like to try and offer an ONLINE version of this training! The technical sessions need to be run in person, and as a result need to be postponed, but if there is interest we will still run the Tuesday and Thursday evening classroom sessions remotely.
EVENTS THAT WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED
- Outdoor Exclusive Use Training – The University of Manitoba Facilities are closed. They have asked that our membership refrain from using the track at this time.