High School Track & Field Championship Series
(click on heading for detailed information)
Sanctioned by Athletics Manitoba and hosted by the University of Manitoba Bison Track & Field Team
Eligibility: Entry is open to all high school teams in Manitoba, that register as an Athletics Manitoba School member. Individual entries from schools will be accepted on a case by case basis (based on supervision of athletes and payment of entries).
Categories: (High School Eligibility Rules)
Junior Varsity Girls Varsity Girls
Junior Varsity Boys Varsity Boys
As per MHSAA Rules:
In order to qualify for the Junior competition, the athlete must meet the following requirements:
- Participating athletes must be under the age of 17 as of midnight of the current school year, August 31st.
- Students are eligible to participate in Junior Varsity for 2 years. In determining the two-year clause, member schools must count grade 9 as the first year. The athlete’s eligibility begins upon enrollment in grade 9 and is allowed two consecutive years of competition from time of enrollment in grade 9.
Junior athletes competing in any events in the Senior category, must then compete in all of their events in the Senior category.
- Junior Varsity Girls Hurdles 30” 12m to the first hurdle 7.5m spacing between hurdles.
- Varsity Girls Hurdles 33” 13m to the first hurdle 8.0m spacing between hurdles.
- Junior Varsity Boys Hurdles 33” 13m to the first hurdle 8.5m spacing between hurdles.
- Varsity Boys Hurdles 36” 13m to the first hurdle 8.5m spacing between hurdles.
- Junior Varsity & Varsity Girls Shot Put 4kg
- Junior Varsity Boys Shot Put 4kg
- Varsity Boys Shot Put 5kg
The meets will be run at the James Daly Fieldhouse in the Max Bell Centre at the University of Manitoba from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.