The updated Provincial Health Orders have been finalized. These Orders are effective as of 12:01 a.m. on July 17, 2021, and remain in effect until 12:01 a.m. on August 7, 2021, unless they are terminated earlier.
- 18(2) Persons may engage in any type of outdoor sporting or recreational activity but they must not engage in an activity as part of a group of more than 50 persons.
- 18(3) Organized practices, games and competitions may take place at an outdoor sporting facility but the operator of an outdoor sporting facility must ensure that no multi-team tournaments take place at the facility.
- 18(4) Spectators are permitted at an outdoor sporting facility. Spectators are not to be included when calculating the number of participants in a sporting activity. Spectators must maintain a separation of at least two metres from other spectators.
U of M Outdoor Stadium
Athletics Manitoba has also received the following additional information from the University of Manitoba, which will guide any AM activities at the Outdoor Stadium.
As per the news release yesterday regarding the changes to public health orders effective July 17, the following changes to facility rentals at the University of Manitoba will be in effect as of Monday, July 19th/2021.These orders are in effect till August 7/2021.
- Maximum group size is 50 people per facility or field.
- Spectators are permitted at an outdoor sporting facility. Spectators are not to be included when calculating the number of participants in a sporting activity. Spectators must maintain a separation of at least two metres from other spectators.
- Face masks must still be worn on the University Campus which includes the turfs and outdoor stadium unless actively playing.
With the announcement of the Bomber’s going ahead with 100% attendance the parking bans will be in effect, please see dates/times below.
August 5th / 6-9pm
August 13th / 6-9pm
August 29th / 4:30 – 7:30pm
Sept 11th / 1:30-4:30pm
Oct 8th / 6-9pm
Oct 23rd / 4:30-7:30pm
Exclusive Use Training and Competition Notes
We will continue to use the two time slots and the online sign-up system for Exclusive Use training.
The link has been distributed by email. Athletes/Coaches – feel free to contact the office if you need it resent.
Please take note of the following exceptions/details,
- WEDNESDAY 21st – there is an AM Jumps Qualifier competition starting at 6pm
- 25 training slots are available in each session as the others are reserved for the competition participants/organizers.
- THURSDAY 22nd there is a Bison Twilight competition scheduled.
- 50 Training slots will be available from 4:30pm-6pm and 25 spots available from 6pm-7:30pm.
- Races will start at 7:30pm
- SATURDAY 24th is the final AM Jumps Qualifier event and is scheduled to start at 10am.
- There is a possibility that Throwing events will be added to schedule, so for the time being no training slots are available.
- The week of July 26th (Mon-Thurs and Sunday), full 50 spots available during all Exclusive Use times.
- WOA is finalizing whether they will run a small competition on Friday July 30th, Saturday July 31st of the long weekend. Therefore, training availability for Saturday July 31st will be updated once that is finalized.
- Monday, August 2nd is a holiday – no sign up, we will not be booking the facility or staffing the facility. Washrooms will not be opened. (Walk in gates will be open as usual)
- Thursday August 5th is the Bomber home opener. Parking ban will be in effect as of 6pm (Game start time is 7:30pm). Facility will be available for use and sign up still active.
AM Summer Challenge Update – Due to the Bombers allowing full capacity for spectators, we will once again be subject to parking bans during Games. This means we will NOT be able to run events on Friday August 13th.
We are going to adjust the competition schedule to run in the evenings on Wednesday August 11th, and Thursday 12th, and then we will have a full day scheduled for Saturday August 14th. We’ll share the tentative schedule next week.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Have a great weekend!