The following information has been shared by Athletics Canada and is an update to the HP Newsletter sent on September 2, 2021. A number of events have been postponed by the organizers due to COVID and/or COVID related travel issues.
The following events have been POSTONED. The National Teams Committee (NTC) will review each event when we have more details and decide if it is appropriate to send a Canadian team.
- NACAC Half Marathon Championships – New date in 2022 TBD
- NACAC Cross Country Championships – New date in 2022 TBD
- Pan Am U20 Championships – New date in 2022 TBD
- World Athletics Cross Country Championships – New date February 18, 2023 (Bathurst, AUS)
At the time of writing the following events are still GOING AHEAD, Criteria will be published in 2021:
- WA World Race Walking Team Championships (Mar 4-5, 2022), Muscat, OMN
- WA World Indoor Championships (Mar 18-20, 2022), Belgrade, SRBWA
- World Half Marathon Championships (Mar 27, 2022), Yangzhou, CHN
Athletics Canada is waiting for more details before deciding if Canada will send teams to the following events:
- Pan Am Marathon Championships (TBD Nov 2021), Caracas, VEN
- Pan Am Cross Country Cup (Jan 22, 2022), TBD