The Athletics Manitoba Board of Directors is currently seeking applicants for two open Director positions.
All interested candidates should submit their application via email to Alanna Boudreau at email@example.com by Friday October 26th, 2018
Characteristics of Effective Board Members
- Attend board meetings and functions
- Arrive informed on agenda items
- Respond to requests, ask questions at meetings, follow-up activities
- Active on at least one committee
- Give a high priority to the affairs of the organization
- Belief in the long-term viability of the organization
- Knowledgeable about the organization’s programs, policies and services
- Willing to assume responsibility
- Willing to pitch in
- Acts in the best interests of the organization
- Degree of initiative – will assume leadership when requested or when an issue requires
5. Positive outlook
- Optimistic about the activities of the organization
- Promotes the organization every chance he/she gets
- Represents the organization at community events and in any other way that promotes understanding of its purpose and programs
7. Special attributes
- Skills, knowledge, experience of value to the organization
- Represents a constituency, interest group, profession, educational level, etc. that has a direct connection with the organization
- Informed about needs and trends within the community and the membership
9. Relations with staff
- Understands difference between roles of board and staff
- Interest and duty to the agency must not be brought into conflict nor should personal profit be made from this position
- Support board decisions once made; even if voted against decision or resign if can’t
Board Member Job Description
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee and board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Application deadline is Friday Oct 26th, 2018
ATTN: Alanna Boudreau