The Athletics Manitoba Board is once again seeking individuals who are willing to contribute to the sport of Athletics by becoming a member of the Athletics Manitoba Board of Directors.
The Athletics Manitoba Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on June 18, 2019. At this time, nominations for the 4 Board of Directors positions up for renewal or election will be brought forward as part of the AGM agenda.
Terms for the Board of Directors are a two-year commitment with board meetings currently held every other month. Occasionally additional board meetings are required between the scheduled board meetings.
The nomination process is open to any members of the Association eighteen years of age or older, who are not employees of the Association or Athletics Canada.
Interested individuals are requested to submit a completed application form to Kathy Kelly by June 6th, 2019. All applications should include the individuals connection to Athletics Manitoba and any other volunteer board or work experiences that would make you a strong candidate.
Please submit all applications and any further questions to: email@example.com by June 6, 2019.
Board Member Job Description
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee and board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.