The 2021 Canada Summer Games (CSG) are scheduled to be held in Niagara, Ontario. August 6-21, 2021. Athletics will be week two – August 14-21, 2021
Brock University will be the host of the Athlete Village – Take a Virtual Tour of the campus
Head Coach – Alanna Boudreau (Jumps)
Event Coach – Ming Pu Wu (Throws + Jumps)
Event Coach – Justin Charrier (Throws)
Event Coach – Rory McIntyre (Sprints/Hurdles/Relays)
Event Coach – Liam Francis (Sprints/Relays)
Event Coach – Claude Berube (Distance)
Event Coach – Janice Howe (Special O)
Team Manager – Noelle Merkel
Sport MB Mission Staff – Peter Nicholls
(These coaches will be working with our team leading up to the Games and supporting us all along the way. We are hoping that they will be able to travel with us to the Games in a support staff role. However it is important to note that due to Canada Games Council rules and regulations they will not be allowed to actively coach during competition).
General Team information – Link to full Athletics Technical Package
Total Team size – not to exceed 61 athletes.
Male: up to 33
Female: up to 33
- Maximum of 50 able bodied athletes (Male: up to 27, Female: up to 27)
- Maximum of 5 wheelchair track athletes (minimum 2 male and 2 female)
- Maximum of 2 para throws athletes (minimum 1 male and 1 female)**
- Maximum of 4 Special O athletes (minimum 2 male and 2 female)
** Note that the 2 athletes competing in the para throws events MUST be
different than those athletes competing in the wheelchair track events.
- There is a maximum of two (2) entries per event per Province/Territory, except para shot put and discus where there will be a maximum of one (1) per event per Province/Territory.
- There is no limit to the number of events a competitor may enter.
- A Province/Territory may enter only one relay team in each relay event.
Selection process + Trials – Link to full Athletics MB Selection Criteria
The 2021 Canada Games Trials will be held in June 2021. All athletes interested in being considered for the team will be required to submit a declaration of interest. If you don’t declare, we won’t consider your results for team selection. This declaration is available now on Trackie Reg.
The qualifying period for achieving standards will begin March 15, 2021 and include all outdoor performances achieved until the end of the 2021 Canada Games Trials.
Final Team Selection will occur after the completion of the Trials with all members being contacted within the week following the selection meet.
It is our goal, to provide quality training and competition opportunities for our Prep Squad athletes as they prepare for Games. Once we have a better idea of what the 2021 indoor competition season may look like, the CSG Coaching staff will announce specific plans and procedures for athlete support.